This week I was lacking inspiration, and turned to my son for help: “what should I make this week Braden?” He thought for a second, before replying: “chocolate cookie dough balls with mint chocolate chips!” He and I are the mint chocolate chip ice cream lovers of the family, but the rest of them don’t care for it too much. So I took his brilliant idea a step further with dark chocolate and sea salt cookie dough. Something that the whole family– both adults and kids– can get excited about. I have a regular cookie dough recipe up on here already, but this one takes it to a whole new level and is a new personal and family fave! As usual, I hope you guys love it as much as we do. P.S. Don’t be put off by the amount of butter in this recipe. It makes a LOT of cookie dough, so you can please a crowd, or freeze them and snack on them for a month, or you can always halve the recipe too.
Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Cookie Dough
Serving Size: Makes about 50 cookie dough balls
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 4 sticks salted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups dark chopped chocolate/chocolate chips
1. Cream the butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the vanilla, salt cocoa powder and flour, and mix to combine well for another minute or two.
3. Add the milk and stir until the cookie dough comes together, then add in the chocolate chips, and mix until evenly incorporated.