This week I have been experimenting with dried garbanzo beans/chickpeas in the Instant pot. They’re cheap and healthy and don’t take as long as other dried beans to cook. I made a chickpea and chicken curry that was good, but being the extremely picky perfectionist that I am, I only want the BEST recipes up on here (which might explain why every recipe is my new favorite!) I love the big bold flavors of this stew. The tanginess of the tomatoes, the freshness and acidity of the lemon, and the spices of the chorizo remind me of eating paella in Valencia. I love Spanish flavors, and I love the ease and simplicity of this dish! I hope you love it too.
Instant Pot Spanish Chickpea and Chorizo Stew
Prep time: 5 mins
- 2 11oz packages linguisa (chorizo) sausage, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1.5lbs baby/cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 cloves/tsp lazy garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes in juice
- 3 cups water + 3 tsp chicken bouillon (Herbox is my favorite)
- 1 Lb dried chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 Lemon + more for serving
- 1 small pkg Spinach
- Place all ingredients, except the lemon and spinach, into the Instant pot. Lock the lid, then manually set for 45 mins at high pressure.
- When the timer goes off, Instant release the pressure, stir in the spinach and the juice of 1 lemon. Serve with a sprinkle of sea salt, additional lemon slices, and warm/toasted sourdough bread.
Add any additional notes here.