This is the BEST cookie dough ever, and it’s “edible” meaning it’s completely safe to eat, because it doesn’t contain any raw eggs and risk of salmonella! My son begged me to make cookie dough balls as a treat after school the other day, as I was simultaneously chasing my one year old who’s in everything, making a dinner to go, packing diaper bags and making sure my big kids were getting their homework done! It’s a good job this recipe is SO incredibly easy. My son actually did most of the “work” and had a blast doing it! This recipe makes a huge batch, so I freeze the cookie dough balls in ziploc bags, and they stay fresh and delicious for at least a month. I am not sure about longer– they never last that long around here! I hope you guys love these as much as we do!
Edible Cookie Dough
Makes: About 50 cookie dough balls
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 4 sticks salted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Cream the butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the vanilla, salt and flour, and mix to combine well for another minute or two.
3. Add the milk and stir until the cookie dough comes together, then add in the chocolate chips, and mix until evenly incorporated.
Add any additional notes here.