This is one of my family’s most favorite recipes of all time! We are big fans of seafood and pasta in this house, but this Shrimp Alfredo recipe in particular is special because it’s loved as much by the kids as it is the adults, it’s healthier than any other Alfredo I have ever seen, takes no effort and 10 minutes to whip up, and uses just a handful of ingredients I always have on hand. I love finding recipes like these! It’s a keeper.
A couple of months ago I threw a big luncheon, with the help of my inlaws, for my sons baptism and he requested this Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, which I was nervous about cooking for a big crowd, but I was so shocked at how easy, affordable and LOVED it was by everyone! Serve with a side salad and some breadsticks, and you have a party!
Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 2 C low-fat milk
- 3 oz low fat Neufchatel cheese
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 tsp lazy garlic
- 1 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Lb peeled & deveined cooked shrimp
- 1 package fettuccine
1. Bring salted water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
2. Place the milk, Neufchatel cheese, flour, and sea salt in a blender, and blend for 1 minute until smooth.
3. In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter, add the garlic and cook a minute or two, until fragrant. Pour the milk mixture into the saucepan, and cook, stirring frequently until thickened, and almost simmering. Turn off the heat, and stir in the parmesan cheese and shrimp.
4. Cook the Fettuccine according to package directions. Drain, then combine with the Shrimp Alfredo sauce, or serve separately.
I hope this becomes a family fave. in your house too!